Pear & Chocolate Tarte
- Make up enough pate brisée pastry to line a 24” tart dish.
- Finely chop 150g dark chocolate chips & spread around the bottom.
- Peel & chop 3 pears to create a ‘flower’ effect.
- To make the custard – combine 1 egg, 1 egg yolk, 125ml cream & 1 tsp vanilla extract together in a bowl & carefully pour on and around the pears.
- Bake the tart for 10 minutes at 200C, then reduce the temperature to 180C for an extra 15-20 minutes until the pears start to caramelise.
- Enjoy with some double cream 😋.
Spiced Pear Chutney
- In a saucepan, combine 200g Demerara sugar, 200ml Cider Vinegar, 100ml perry cider, 1 tsp mixed spice, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp grated ginger & 2 red onions chopped and bring to the boil.
- Peel & chop up 10 pears.
- Finely chop 2 de seeded red chillis
- Add the pears & chillis to the saucepan & simmer for 40 minutes until the liquid is syrupy.
- Stir in 50g sultanas.
- Leave to cool & then pour into sterilised jars.
- Fab with a curry or cheese 😊.
Pear & Banana Bread
- In a bowl, combine 100g melted unsalted butter, 3 mashed ripe bananas & 100g golden caster sugar.
- Stir in 2 ripe pears which have been chopped up & dusted with flour, 1 tbsp maple syrup, 1 beaten egg & 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Sift & fold in 150g plain flour & half a tsp bicarbonate of soda.
- Optional extra; add 100g chocolate chips.
- Bake at 180C for 1hr-1hr 15 until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin.
- Enjoy as a tea-time treat 🤤.